If your spine were on your face, you would take MUCH better care of it.
Americans LOVE looking good and feeling good. But what about functioning well? Your spine is VERY IMPORTANT. It protects your NERVE system.
The effects of an unhealthy and uncared-for spine may make you look and feel significantly older when you are unable to walk normally, grip your toothbrush because of the numbness in your hands, or even worse — need to have a serious spinal surgery.
Your BRAIN and NERVES control EVERYTHING in your body. If you have a misalignment in your spine, the nerve system is unable to transmit proper signals from the brain to the associated muscle, organ, gland, etc… When 10% of thes message from the brain isn’t getting through, it’s like talking on a cell phone when the call is “breaking up.” Some messages come through, and some get jumbled or lost altogether.
This can cause all kinds of body and life challenges.
Get your spine checked by your chiropractor.
Make sure the communication channels are open and clear.
Reduce the buildup of wear and tear on your spine.
Allow your spine to function better, and decay less.
When we feel and function better, and have less stress and tension in our bodies and minds, we smile more! So get adjusted! Not only will your spine improve, but your face will, too!
We are really hoping the answer is YES.
Will you brush them even if they do not hurt? Why?
Why will you brush your teeth if you don’t have a cavity?
Have you EVER woken up and thought,
“Hmmm…my teeth don’t hurt me today, so I guess I don’t need to brush them.”
You brush to prevent cavities, to keep your teeth healthy for as long as you can.
Do you ever want to brush your teeth after a particularly goopy snack? Why?
Because you know your teeth need some extra attention and care, because you have done something that is not good for them.
There was a time when many people lost their teeth by age 50. This significantly changed when the ADA started teaching the population about dental health. Now, not only does everyone brush, but they also floss, whiten, straighten, etc.
Think about the demands you put on your nerve system every day.
What happens to your spine and nerve system if you don’t take care of it?
We are excited to announce a new podcast featuring interviews with the local health and wellness community! You never know who you’ll meet on the Path!
This month, we walk the Path with Deanna Jayne, the juice goddess from Prana Raw – Juicefest! Her beautiful, delicious, and ALIVE foods are currently available by local delivery, and featured at The Wholesome Cafe, on Main Street in Ayer, MA. This spring, Deanna is teaching the art of the detox with four programs for spring and year-round cleansing.
Path to Family Wellness #1 Prana Raw – Juicefest by Community Chiropractic
Introduction to Cleansing and Detoxification
Learn how to cleanse with her FREE Mini-Workshop at our office on Wednesday, March 21 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. Deanna will share insights into the importance of Cleansing for the IBT — Inner Body Temple. Cleansing tones and detxifies the organs and allows Prana, or life force energy, to flow more freely. It also strengthens the immune system and restores a healthy balance. We feel more free and energized when we cleanse!
There will be fresh pressed juice to sample! The workshop is free; there will be a basket for donations.
Sign up at our office or by calling 978.448.9355!
1. Get Adjusted. Clinical studies show that after an adjustment, subjects had 200 times as many immune cells as subjects who did not get adjusted. If you’re starting to feel symptoms, get an adjustment.
2. Get Outside. Sunshine and fresh air are two of the body’s most important nutrients! Healthy Vitamin D levels from moderate sun exposure are linked to stronger immune systems. In the winter, avoid being cooped up indoors, breathing in toxins and allergens. Get outside for at least a few minutes a day, and breathe!
3. Calm Stress. The nervous system and the immune system are inextricably linked. That’s why you may be more likely to “get sick” more when you are stressed-out.
Getting adjusted is like getting a tune-up for your nervous system, giving it the tools to keep stress at bay. Meditation, massage, and moderate exercise like walking and yoga are also great stress-busters.
4. Let the Good Bugs Grow. Did you know that 60-70% of your immune system is located in your gut? Keep your digestion running smoothly, and fight bad bugs with good ones, by taking a daily probiotic and eating naturally fermented and cultured foods like real sauerkraut, kombucha and kefir.
5. Give Yourself a Natural Boost. Herbal supplements and foods like elderberry, echinacea and goldenseal, olive leaf, garlic, ginger and coconut oil have natural immune-enhancing and anti-microbial properties. Cod liver oil, long a staple in the northern climates, contains a significant amount of vitamin D, plus health-enhancing Omegas.
6. Drink More Water! Our health is truly dependent on the quality and quantity of water that we drink. Your body is made up of mostly water, and every organ and metabolic process in your body relies on having enough water to function optimally and flush out toxins. So drink up!
“At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” ~ Albert Schweitzer
One of the original chiropractic teachers talked about the light within us as our Innate Intelligence. He proposed that lack of adaptation to our life stresses — physical, chemical, mental and emotional — block this Intelligence from being expressed. He hoped that chiropractic would be a means for people to express more of their inborn potential or to shine their light. Today we, Dr. Steve and I, give thanks to our many mentors who have helped our lights to shine so that we can bring our very best to you, our community.
May your light shine through today and every day of your life. May you find ways to remove any of the “clouds” that block your light. May you find tools that amplify the gifts that you were innately born with. As we prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving Day, 2011, Community Chiropractic offers gratitude for our community and our ability to participate and be of service to it.
May all of us be well, happy, and in peace on this day and every day.